14 November 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas Eve.......

This is a tongue in cheek kind of card and I love it!! I just love this clothesline of Santa's clothes, so I got the idea to show Mrs. Claus' very busy life! if she is anything like me and my life then those clothes would be drying on the line of Christmas Eve and Santa would be sitting in his robe waiting!! LOL
I used SCAL2 and SVGcuts.com cut files from the "Santa's North Pole Workshop" set to create this card. The background, clothesline, poles and clothes are all from this set as well as the Mrs. Claus inside.... that's right, this one is all done inside as well! Most of the time I write a personal note inside and do not really decorate the inside except for a strip or two of paper (maybe). Mrs.Claus' face is a Peachy Keen stamp from the PK-480 "Christmas Character Face Assortment" set, I colored the glasses with a white gel pen and gave her rosy cheeks with a Copic marker and then did tiny white dots with the gel pen. I used my Cri-Kits pens to create the sentiment (it took me a good day of thinking about it to come up with the sentiments! LOL) I used both Diamond Stickles and Candy Cane Stickles on Santa's Clothes as well as my Irock and some clear gems to accent the snowflakes. The papers are shimmer papers from Archivers (The Paper Company) and the stripe is from a Kaisercraft stack from last year. The snowflake background paper is a digital paper that I printed out from Sanqunetti Designs from www.mygrafico.com, this is from the "Jolly Days Paper" set. The label and mat for the label is from the SVGcuts.com "Christmas Cookie Party" set. I hope you like the card! Leave me a comment letting me know what you think and remember each comment on all post made in November gives you a chance at the $20 Gift Certificate from SVGcuts.com, the more you comment, the more chances you have to win!! (I realize this is self serving, but what can I say, I really LOVE the comments! LOL)

Links:
SVGcuts.com
mygrafico.com
Cri-Kits pens
Peachy Keen Stamps


12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that clothesline card. Your post made me giggle, do you think mrs claus has to wash all the elves clothes too? LOL Thanks for showing such a pretty card

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card...

Scrappy Mel said...

OMGosh, Tammy! This card is sooooo cute!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! :)

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

Oooh Tammy! You have outdone yourself with this one!
So SUPER-CREATIVE!!! What an awesome idea!!

Melissa said...

Tammy - your card is too cute!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Hi Tammy...I commented on the forum but I really think it pops even more on your site. I have a plan for these clothes and now you have inspired me to get started.

Elaine said...

Tammy, get outta here! That is so awesome!! And I love the inside, O is here with me and she wants this card:o) She loves that Mrs. Claus.

JustYolie said...

I love the clothesline...too cute!! Love the inside of the card too...I love my Cri-Kit pens!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic! The inside is wonderful as well - and I love the theme for the card about how a woman's work is never done taking care of these crazy men of ours! *LOL*

Cheryl Gaffney said...

I LOVE this card. Too cute!! I just bought my first set of svg files and now I'll have to be sure to go back and take a second look! :)

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Trina said...

That is too cute!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! adorable !