21 November 2010

Jesus is the Reason....


This is a simple card with lots of impact, The stamps is from Inkadinkado, I bought it last year after Christmas on Clearance. I double matted it the bottom mat is the same paper and I embossed it with the Tim Holtz bark embossing folder and  distressed it with Tim holtz Distress ink, then a black mat, then the stamped image, also distressed and colored with Copic markers. I colored the image with light colors to mimic watercolors and I used my Irock to add some stars. The sentiment is from Scrappy mom's Stamps, "Winter Wishes" stamp set. I feel like the black mat adds a lot of impact, I love the way this card turned out.

Links:
Scrappy mom's Stamps

6 comments:

Zoey and the furballs said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! I may have to scraplift it.

Scrappy Mel said...

OMGosh - this card is stunning!! Is the image stamped on brown paper? The color is so beautiful! Fabulous card!

Tammy said...

@Scrappy Mel
Everything (except the card base which is Kraft paper, and the black mat) is on white paper but I distressed it heavily!
Tammy

Elaine said...

Bravo Tammy! This is just elegant and timeless... a true treasure. Well done:o)

JustYolie said...

It sure is a gorgeous card to be called simple! :)

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Oh, I love this card. The embossing is beautiful! The black mat does add a ton! :)

I LOVE IT!

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com