30 November 2010

KAndrew Designs Gingerbread card

** links have been edited to include the link to the cut file by KAndrew Designs, This card is featured as the example!!! I was so thrilled and honored to see that!**

I just love this card, it is so stinking cute!! I used a KAndrew Designs file out of the November Grab bag available at Visual Art By Chris. The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms "Winter Wishes" set and the papers are from my scrap basket. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby and I used my Bow Easy to tie the bow. The button is from my sewing stash, The faces are from Peachy Keen Stamps, the twine is from PaperTrey Ink and I colored the button with Copic markers. I created the tag in SCAL2 after I measured the sentiment so I could size it to fit. I pop dotted up the Gingerbread man holding the heart and the sentiment. One more note of interest, my Cricut Expression just does not like to cut tiny stuff and the frosting on the Gingerbread men is tiny, I tried and it just didn't cut well so I hand drew it on with a snow pen and then puffed it up with my heat gun. (Like the marines say, Improvise and Overcome! LOL)
Links:
KAndrew Designs
Gingerbread Men cut file KAndrew Designs
Scrappy Mom's Stamps
PaperTrey Ink
Peachy Keen Stamps

** Note: The Scrappy Mom's stamp set that I used is out of stock until Dec. 8th

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it girl! I'm digging those Scrappy Mom stamps too! WOOT WOOT!
Your card is AWESOME! Email me--I have an idea!

Joanna said...

OMG that is cute!

Scrappy Mel said...

Your card is so stinkin' cute!! I love the litte gingerbread people!! :)

sucor said...

I love gingers and your card is adorable! Great job!

Zoey and the furballs said...

So cute!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

So So cute....saving this idea even though I don't have that cartridge...can do something close....wonderful layout!

Tammy said...

@Carolina Girl (Cely)
Cely, this isn't a cartridge, it is a svg cut file from KAndrew Designs.

Mary B. said...

So cute, love those Peachy Keen faces. What a cute, creative card!