29 November 2010

Poinsettia Card

I love the way this card turned out!! The Poinsettia is a Penny Duncan cut file (available for free from her blog) and I cut it out with my Cricut, sprayed it with Glimmer Mist and assembled the flower and it sat on my shelf for a month! I just had to get a vision, LOL. I wanted to make a simple but elegant card and I think this fits the bill. I used Kraft paper as the card base, cut A2 size. Then a layer of white shimmer paper and a a layer of red paper with some texture. The fancy mat is the Fleur De Lis mat from SCAL-E Files Blog (also free) and the sentiment mat is from Spellbinders fancy Tags set. A small gold ribbon and Merry Christmas sentiment finishes off the card, oh yea, and I added Stickles, I am loving my Stickles! (I have a whole Sand Bucket full of Stickles!) Merry Christmas Everyone! (I love to say that, this is my favorite time fo the year!!)
Links:
Penny Duncan Creations
SCAL-E Files

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’ve been searching on the web trying to find ideas on how to get my personal blog site coded, your present style and theme are wonderful. Did you code it your self or did you recruit a coder to get it done for you personally?

Tammy said...

@Anonymous
Hi, I purchased for $10 a blog theme set (the background and header) from http://www.yummylollydesigns.com/ and she was kind enough to customize my header using a Photo that I had taken, and using a font I chose. I also downloaded a three column design for free and used the included (on the website) tutorial to install it myself. I like the way my blog looks and for the money I think I did well! LOL

Celeste B. said...

Beautiful!!! I love it, TFS! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Thanks.