04 November 2009

One stamp - 4 Cards

As much as I love to make cards, time is an issue. I also love to make lots of different cards but to save on time I will stamp the same image several times. The 4 cards I am showcasing today are all the same stamped image (Hero Arts CL110 Many Blessings ) all 4 of the images were colored with Copic markers, I do wish I had used some different colors, Oh well, next time! I have noticed that most of my cards tend to be red, it is my favorite color, but I am really trying to branch out and you will see some different colors and more elaborate cards in the days to come. (I am really trying to challenge myself to use more layers and patterned papers.)

This card was made using red cardstock from Archiver's and white shimmer paper from The paper Company that I ran through the Cuttlebug using the snowflake embossing folder. I cut out the stamped image using the circle nestabilities and then used a piece of red cardstock that I cut out using the Cuttlebug and the scalloped circle Nestabilities. The ribbon is from my stash and the sentiment is stamped with clear Versamark ink and embossed with red glitter embossing powder. The mat for the sentiment I kind of created using a piece of the red cardstock and clear Versamark ink and I inked the entire piece then embossed it with the red glitter embossing powder. This is an easy fun card and it is cute!

This card is one that I had made part of it last year (the card and the vellum with the eyelets part) and I drug it out and added the snow family image to it with some ribbon to finish it. The Snow Family and the red mat (the same red cardstock from Archiver's) were cut out using Nestabilities and the Cuttlebug. I did add some jewels as dots for the "i"s to add some bling!
This card is made from the red Archiver's cardstock (I bought two packages of 10 pieces while I was in Atlanta) and I used a piece of white shimmer paper (The Paper Company) that I embossed with the Cuttlebug snow embossing folder and then I Glimmer Misted it (I love Glimmer Mist! LOL) with gold GM. I added a gold bow and used some Gold glitter paper to mat the sentiment that was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder. I cut out the stamped image and the mat with Nestabilities and the Cuttlebug.

Last but not least! This card is not red!! LOL I used green cardstock from Archiver's (I bought two packs of a dark green like the red) I used nestabilities to cut out the stamped images, including the sentiment and the mats for both. the ribbon is from my stash and I added some bling in the form of clear jewels in the center of some of the snowflakes. The background paper is white shimmer paper from The Paper Company and it is embossed using the Cuttlebug and the snow embossing folder.

All four of these cards are similar and use the same elements but they are all different. It saves time to use the same stamped image on several different cards and well as the same elements but as you can see I made them all slightly different. Enjoy and go create something, even if it is only dinner! LOL

No comments: