17 October 2010

Snowflake Card


This card turned out so pretty but it does not photograph well at all!! I used white shimmer paper as a base for the A2 sized card and a pretty K & Co. swirly, glittery paper from their Brenda Walton Peppermint Twist paper stack. The snowflake is the "candy" one from the "When It's Cold Outside" Cricut Seasonal Cartridge (from last Christmas) I used an iridescent paper to cut the snowflake out and the shadow is cut from an aqua shimmer paper from The Paper Company. I also used my Irock for the jewel in the center of the flake and the three accent jewels (I love my Irock!!) I also added a little aqua Stickles to the center of the snowflake for accent. The sentiment (Snowflakes are Kisses sent from heaven) is from Scrappy Mom's "Winter Wishes" stamp set. I added some ribbon from Hobby Lobby and popped up the snopwflake with a popdot. I decorated the inside with the same papers.

Links:
Scrappy mom's Stamps
Cricut
Irock
K & Co. Brenda Walton Paper

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card....

Scrappy Mel said...

What a beautiful card!! I didn't even see that the snowflake had the candy shapes on it until I looked really close - I LOVE extra details like that!! Great card! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a sweet card--I love the pink--the bling--and the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

I just joined your blog, congrats on being a designer for Craft Junkie Too. You have created some very nice things. I love this card, the colors are perfect for a winter card.
Looking forward to follow your creations.

MillyD

Unknown said...

So pretty! I have thought of cutting that snowflake before and haven't actually tried it yet.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love love this card and with all the glitter!