11 July 2011

Paper Dolls Guest Designer

I am just so excited that I am one of the Paper Dolls Guest Designers, it is such an honor! I LOVE the Paper Dolls blog, Thienly and Tamara do a fantastic job and it is all about svg files, my favorite!! This week we are using some beautiful 3D flowers designed by Jani over at paper Compulsions.  Here are the two projects that I made.

I bought a $1 wooden frame that last time I was at Michael's and I used an old (falling apart) paperback book and Mod Podge to cover the frame. Then I made the flowers, inked them and shaped them and assembled with clear popdots. The center is martha Stewart Microbeads and a large dot of glue. I really like the way this frame turned out! here is a closeup of the flowers.
Next I made a gift bag. I used the star bag from SVGcuts.com, it is actually a Christmas box and bag collection called "Christmas Gift Bags and Boxes" but that are so versatile! I used a 12x24 piece of paper and made this box as absolutely large as I could. It is a nice size but not huge, it will fit a 5x7 memory book perfectly (what I needed it for!)

I used a different flower but the same technique, This time I did not ink the flower, instead, I used pearlized paper from AC Cardstock for the flower and then I cut one leaf and inked that to use as the gift tag. here is a view of the dimension of the flower.
Thanks for checking my projects out and I hope you like them!!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

What a great way to recycle a plain frame! I love the flowers...each is unique to itself..

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful picture frame I love it.

Thienly Azim said...

Thank you so much for doing two projects for us! I love the altered frame, too - who knew you can turn a $1 frame into something so beautiful! The star shaped bag is always pretty, too - good job on that flower! Thanks for being the guest designer for us over at the Paper Dolls.

Unknown said...

Love what you did with the flower files. Both projects are great!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Wow...I adore both projects. Definitely will have to case both. Thank you for sharing. You are staying busy, busy, busy!