21 July 2011

Joy's Life Design Team Thursday!


I am very excited to show you today's Joy's Life Design Team project! I created this gift bag for my Mom on her Birthday. I used Joy's Life Stamp Set "All Around Sentiments" (I LOVE this set!!) and the gift bag is a cut file from a new to me company (Thanks Thienly for the intro to the company) My Time Made Easy. Lauren's story is a must read, she is an amazing lady! (Y'all will be seeing a lot more of her cut files here! LOL) I used pink cardstock from Recollections (Michaels) and the patterned paper is from the Isabelle Collection from Anna Griffin (On Sale at Michaels) and I used pink brads from my stash for the handle attachment pieces. The closure was created using my I-Top (I have had it for a couple of years and have never used it, I love that thing now and it will see lots of use!!) I used a Stampin Up scalloped circle punch for the gift tag, I stamped the sentiment and then poked a hole and attached the sentiment tag with some pink and white twine from The Twinery. I also used Velcro dots for the actual closure. Here are a few more shots of the bag at different angles, I hope y'all like it as much as I do!! :-)
**editing to add**
The rosette on the front of the bag, I made using a 12 inch long strip of paper, I used a Martha Stewart border punch and punched a fancy border then scored it every 1/4 inch using the Martha Stewart score board then glued the two ends together. I punched out a scalloped circle (Stampin Up punch) and hot glued it to the rosette.


When you go to Joy's Life, check out the two newest stamp sets Holiday Occasions and Everyday Occasions, I just received them this week and they ROCK!!! And they mix and match with each other and all of the other stamp sets!! (Isn't Joy Super Smart!!!??)


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an awesome little bag! great job with the colors. I will have to check out that company. Thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

YOUR BAG IS PRETTY, LOVE COLORS. HOW DID YOU MAKE FLOWER?
mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

Mari Jose said...

It's way too cool!!! that is what Felipe says.
It's beautiful!! You are getting better per day!!!

Elaine said...

Wow Tammy! Your projects just get cuter and cuter!!! I am loving how your blog has grown and how talented you are! Thanks so much for sharing all that!

Amanda said...

This is super cute! TFS!

Thienly Azim said...

Oh wow! That is a really cute bag! Fun colors, too! Love how you embellished it! And I have the I-top tool - just haven't used it, but this inspires me! So I guess I made you go shopping at My Time Made Easy, huh? I can't wait to see all the projects you make with all the files you purchased! I'm glad I told ya about that site!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and love those stamp sets :-)

JustYolie said...

Wow Tammy this bag is beautiful...love the stamps too! :)

ShersL84bed said...

Fun bag. The stamps are great too.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com