28 July 2010

Hello Everyone




My Cousin lives at the front end of my road (we live toward the dead end) He is 11 years old and a real sweetheart. He is at Church Camp this week and we miss him and decided to make him a card to let him know we missed him. I used papertrey Ink paper,  Potpourri Basket Cricut Cartridge (an Ebay find for $35) and my Gypsy to create the tent card, the fold is along the left side and I used the copy/paste feature to get two copies of the tent the same size, I flipped one and butted them together and welded them, I cut out the overlay piece (dark green) and glued it on and then I cut out the pieces to the campfire and pop dotted the campfire to the tent. I did some doodling and added the "G'Day mate" stamps from Joy's Life and wrote him a personal note inside. I hope he loves it! This was a quick and simple card but I liked the way it turned out, sometimes "boy" cards can be a challenge so here is an idea! Thanks and please don't forget to leave me a comment.


http://joyslife.com/
http://www.papertreyink.com/
http://www.cricut.com/

P.S. When I get to 50 followers I am having a blog candy giveaway, we are only 9 followers away so get ready for a sweet treat for someone!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH I love this...very boyish...

Bonnie said...

Tammy, that is a great card. I'm sure your cousin will be delighted to receive it. I agree with you, boy cards are a little more difficult.

Christina Lytle said...

oh wow! He will love this..

Carol's Crafts said...

What a cute, cute card, Tammy.

Tammy D said...

Tammy this card is awesome! He is gonna love it.

Judee said...

This card is so cute, and just the right thing for a little boy who is away at camp.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tammy...this is SO adorable...He will LOVE it!!!!! I know I do

Kim M. said...

Great idea! What a lucky boy he is.