18 July 2010

Wild Card Challenge

I Finally got the chance to participate in a challenge at http://www.creativetimeforme.com. I absolutely love Emma and her website, she has taught me so much about my Gypsy and is always so kind and answers my questions! Thanks Emma!! I have been following Emma and her challenges but usually ran out of time. This weeks challenge was to use the "Wild Card" Cricut cartridge and create a card for your favorite holiday. This is what I came up with. I used the Argyle icon shape, the present shape and the Merry Christmas Phrase. I used my Gypsy to make the card 5.75 x 5.75 inches, I cut the argyle pieces at the 5.75 square size and the presents were cut at 4 inches and 3.25 inches. I cut the Merry Christmas at 4.5 inches. The papers I used; for the card base, a white glitter paper, the green brocade is an Anna Griffin paper, the red brocade is a Ek Success paper (called Brocade Red) and the Merry Christmas and presents were cut out of Basic Grey's Fruitcake paper. I also used the white glitter on the presents as well. The Merry Christmas is the back side of the Fruitcake paper, I flipped it on the Gypsy so it looked backwards on the screen. I also used some Christmas Red Stickles and my favorite white gel pen to do a little stitching. I really like the way this turned out and it was fun to be creative and use only one cartridge! I hope you enjoy my card and tomorrow I have a super cute summery card. Merry Christmas in July Everyone!! :-)

5 comments:

JIm Eber said...

Beautiful.

My Creative Time said...

Tammy, your card is Absolutely "STUNNING" my friend! WOW, you did a Beautiful job w/the challenge!! Thank you SOOO much for participating in my challenge! Hope you come back & share more of your Amazing talent w/all of us!
Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

TUKI said...

The argyle on your card looks great with the Christmas colors!!!

Elaine said...

Oh, I just love how the argyle came out! And what pretty paper for the presents:o)

Norma said...

I have this cart and now I will have to go home and make another Christmas card. I am starting early this so I can get them done. I am sometimes at a loss as to what I can use the designs for so thanks for the inspiration.
Norma