28 April 2011

Joy's Life Design Team Thursday

Isn't this just the cutest card for a man card! I love it!! I used Joy's Live "You're So Punny" stamp set for the sentiment and DaVine swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder and my Cuttlebug to create the water. The wave on the boat is part of the paper piecing and that is from My Scrap Chick's "Bears Gone Fishing" Mini Collection. I used papers from my scrap collection and I hand cut the clouds and doodled the birds and the S.S. Minnow boat name (tee hee, I do hope he had a better trip that the original S.S. Minnow!) I also used some chalk ink to highlight the edges of the individual pieces of the paper piecing. I hope y'all like it. If you get a minute, please go over to my Facebook fan page and like me, I am going to do a giveaway when I reach 100 fans! (I also have not forgotten about picking the winner of the last blog hop, my life is crazy with my Husband having some emergency medical issues lately, I am going to get to it I hope this weekend!)

6 comments:

Jovan said...

This is just the cutest, I love all the details.

Doris P. said...

LOVE the details. my hubby loves him... liked your facebook... will be sending you a message..
signed up for e-mail as well
parkernana5@cox.net
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

Doris P. said...

was going to post a comment on message via fb - but ya don't have it..... We too are raising a grandson since nearly his birth.. he is a special needs child now. if ya want - e-mail me..
parkernana5@cox.net
doris parker (fb)

Brenda said...

I just love this card.

Anonymous said...

awh... what a cute card! My husband loves fishing, so I'm dying to make a fishing card like this for him. TFS!

JustYolie said...

Tammy, I hope your husband is feeling better.